Firstly a reminder of what happened last year.
In a completely dominant season performance, it was our own Robert ‘Fairfather’ Fairchild who took the glory… (further information redacted as none of the top three could make it to the awards night and Minister for Fantasy is still a little bitter about that).
Now for this season. Come one, come all, WDCC Fantasy 2018/19 is open for business! And I am happy to announce that the program has been updated with some new features that address some of the feedback from last year. Jump on over to https://wanneroo-districts.fantasyclubcricket.co.uk/ to have a look, sign up and start selecting your team. If you played last year, your details will be the same. For those of us that like myself have a sieve memory, your password can be reset.
There have been some rule changes, all this can be seen under the Rules tab. I have updated all potential senior players available for selection. If you notice that you or another player are not on the list, or someone that should be removed please let me know ASAP and I will fix it.
Fantasy this year is open to all of the WDCC family. Players, past players, members, our team of beloved support staff, parents, juniors and WAGs are invited to take part. Fantasy is a great part of the social side of the club, so harness your competitive side and get yourself and your friends involved.
Entry cost is at $20 per team, which can be paid to me in cash or via account transfer (contact me for details). If you pay before the first game you will receive a BONUS 100 POINTS!
Prizes will once again be based on the numbers that are taking part. I will announce this upon season launch.
Lastly, to the players and coaches, well done on the attitude and dedication shown during our pre-season sessions so far. Let’s keep building and we can enjoy another successful season!
Last Season Results
Players = 45
1st Place: Robert Fairchild
2nd Place: Nathan Henry
3rd Place: Mike Ardagh
Top (non-WDCC player) Team: Aimee Fairchild
Wooden Spoon: Bailey Nylander
Highest scoring Players
Batter: Matthew Spoors
Bowler: Mike Ardagh
All Rounder: Donavinn Fryer
WK: Christian Smith
Most valuable player (total points / original cost): Matthew Purcell
As many people are aware, we will not be using Kingsway until midway through November (weather permitting).
We have been trying to get a light roller onto the pitches to begin the ‘bedding in’ process. Unfortunately the weather has conspired against us and we have been unable to start this task.
We have, however, been fertilising and trimming the decks as per the handover instructions from Turfcare WA. The bedding in process takes time and requires patience to get it right.
The WDCC Committee have been in regular contact with the Wanneroo shire, who have been very helpful with any requests and with keeping WDCC groundstaff & committee updated during the installation process.
We as a club are lucky to have a shire that shares our vision to make our facilities a premier asset for our cricket club, the WACA, and the Wanneroo Shire.
Further updates will be posted as pitch preparation progresses.
To launch their partnership with the WDCC, Darch Physio is offering all WDCC players (juniors and seniors) a musculoskeletal screening package which will involve two separate physiotherapy sessions as follows:
- 1 x 45 min session to complete a musculoskeletal screening relevant to cricket; and
- 1 x 30 min session to review the screening and prescribe an individualised exercise program to address any issues that have been identified.
A musculoskeletal screening is a series of tests relevant to a particular sport that is performed by Physiotherapists on their athletes. Sports Physiotherapists at Darch Physio have experience in performing musculoskeletal screening specific to cricket, Australian football and netball. The musculoskeletal screening serves two main purposes for the athlete:
- Prevention of injury
- Enhancing performance
The cost of this package for players at WDCC will be $100 ($50 each session which is rebatable through private health insurance).
To book your musculoskeletal screening package, please call Darch Physio on 93034111. Please note, the package will not be available using online bookings.
For more information on Darch Physio, visit their website: darchphysio.com.au
A huge WDCC welcome to Darch Physio as sponsors and preferred club Physiotherapists, and thanks for this generous offer.
Wanneroo DCC have successfully applied and been accepted into the WACA Female Premier Cricket Youth League!
WDCC are one of 6 clubs approved for the 2018-19 season, which begins on the 4th November and ends with Grand Finals towards the end of March.
Our inclusion is based on the successful foundation we have as part of the Mike Hussey Cricket Academy which provides dedicated coaching for talented girls from the age of 12 upwards.
Congratulations, and a huge thankyou to Keith Atkinson, Andy Stewart, Sarah Clear and Greg Williams for all their efforts to get this team up and running!
Congratulations to WDCC’s Michael Herbst on his selection in the WA U17s team to compete in the National Championships in Mackay & Brisbane in October.
Well done Michael!
2018-19 Senior Preseason training will officially launch on Wednesday 1st August at Kingsway.
Senior Preseason training will be held as per:
• Sundays: 10am to 11am at Nodes Beach Park, Hillarys;
• Mondays: 5pm to 8pm at Kingsway;
• Wednesdays: 5pm to 8pm at Kingsway.
Sunday sessions are for all senior players and U/17s. Monday/Wednesday sessions have attendees allocated. If you are unsure of which group you are in, contact Joel Charles.
For more information, click here: wanneroodcc.com.au/training-info/
The 2018 Annual General Meeting for Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club was held on Thursday 7th March 2018 at the Kingsway Pavilion, preceded by a Special General Meeting.
The Special General Meeting was held to accept the new Rules based on the model rules developed by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety. The members present at the SGM voted unanimously to accept the new model rules without alteration, to replace the existing constitution. The new WDCC Rules can be viewed here:
The Annual General Meeting saw Norm Fawcett and Karen Dzodzos step down as President and Treasurer respectively, after five years of service to the club in these roles. On behalf of players, members, the committee, volunteers and supporters of WDCC, we can’t thank you enough for all your efforts and contribution to the club that we love.
Congratulations to the newly-elected WDCC Committee of 2018-19:
- Chairman: David Minear
- Vice Chairman: Graham Burton
- Secretary: Keith Atkinson
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Ordinary Committee Members:
- Graeme Quelch
- Craig Nylander
- Dave Bebb
- Allan Hall
- Leigh Millar
- Michael Ardagh
- Graeme Atkinson
- Jimmy Di Carlo
- Andrew Slattery
- Darrell Kelsey
- Russell McPhee
- Mercia Fryer
- Chris Quelch
- Andy Stewart
The full SGM and AGM minutes can be viewed here:
Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Members are invited to the 2018 Annual General Meeting to be held at the Kingsway Clubrooms on Thursday 7th June at 7pm sharp.
In addition to the calling of the AGM, and in accordance with clause 48 of the WDCC Constitution, a special resolution of members of the club is called to accept the replacement of the current WDCC Constitution with the new Rules based on the model rules developed by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety. The WDCC Committee has resolved to accept the new model rules without alteration. For reference, the current Constitution and new Rules can be viewed here:
The adoption of the new Rules will be the first order of business. The AGM Agenda and Nominations for the 2018 Committee will therefore be relevant to the new Rules.
As per the new Rules:
(3) The ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting is as follows —
- (a) To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting and of any special general meeting held since then if the minutes of that meeting have not yet been confirmed;
- (b) To receive and consider —
- (i) the committee’s annual report on the Association’s activities during the preceding financial year; and
- (ii) the financial statements of the Association for the preceding financial year presented under Part 5 of the Associations Incorporations Act 2015; and
- (c) to elect the office holders of the Association and other committee members;
- (d) if applicable, to appoint or remove a reviewer or auditor of the Association in accordance with the Act (not applicable);
- (e) to confirm or vary the entrance fees, subscriptions and other amounts (if any) to be paid by members.
(4) Any other business of which notice has been given in accordance with these rules may be conducted at the annual general meeting.
Nominations for the Executive Committee and Committee roles should be submitted by completing and returning the following Nomination forms to Keith Atkinson (email@example.com) no later than Thursday 10th May 7:00pm.
Under the new WDCC Rules, the WDCC Committee is comprised of the following Officers:
- Chairperson (President);
- Deputy Chairperson (Vice President);
- Secretary; and
- At least one ordinary committee member, whose roles include:
- Director of Cricket;
- Player Liaison Manager;
- Club Room Manager;
- Grounds Manager;
- Sponsorship Manager;
- Junior Administration Manager;
- Junior Delegate;
- Clothing Attire Manager;
- Player Registration/My Cricket Manager;
- Social & Fundraising Manager;
- Indoor Centre Manager;
- Playing/Training Equipment Manager;
- Kitchen Manager;
- First Aid Equipment Manager;
- Bar Manager.
Please take the time to view the various roles in the attached documents, and consider if you have the skills, passion and commitment to get involved.
Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club
0439 445 787
Congratulations to the following Wanneroo DCC players who have been selected in the 2018/19 U17 & U19 Development Squads:
2018/19 WA U19 Development Squad:
– Deon Billington
– Emile Van Der Merwe
2018/19 WA U17 Development Squad:
– Reece Gerrand
– Michael Herbst
– Hennie van der Walt
The squads will train in the WACA development program, working towards selection to represent WA at the Cricket Australia National Championships:
• Under 17 National Championship – Brisbane/ Mackay, 1 October – 11 October 2018.
• Under 19 National Championship – Adelaide, 3 – 13 December 2018.
Congratulations young Roos!
- Fantasy 2018/19
- Kingsway Grounds Update
- Darch Physio
- WACA Female Premier Cricket Youth League
- WA U17s Representative
- Preseason Training
- WA State Indoor Cricket 14s Girls Representative
- 2018 SGM and AGM
- 2018 Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Annual General Meeting
- WA U17s & U19s Representatives
- Travis Birt Signs with WDCC
- WDCC Australian U16s Representative
- WDCC 2017-18 Awards Night
- WDCC 3rd Grade Bow Out in Preliminary Final
- 3rd Grade into WACA Preliminary Finals
- Semi Final Team Lists
- Weekend Wrap
- Match Centre: WDCC vs. Bayswater-Morley
- Weekend Wrap vs. South Perth
- WACA U16s Talent Matches