Junior Coaching Roles for 2019-20 Season are now all filled.
Girls Head Coach Steve Emery
Girls Assistant Coach Luke Salisbury
U17s Head Coach Andrew Slattery
U17s Assistant Coach Jacob Bonner
U15s Head Coach Scott Pearson
U15s Assistant Coach TBC
U14s Head Coach Jimmy Skouros
U14s Assistant Coach Michael Kelsey
U13s Head Coach Guy Cavanagh
U13s Assistant Coach Andrew Lucas
Futures Head Coach Sean Magorian
We welcome all the new Coaches to the WDCC and look forward to a successful season.
Four of our Wanneroo District girls have made the WA indoor 14’s and 17’s squads who are playing at the National Championships in Victoria from the 6th -14th July 2019. All the best girls.
5th July 2019 At Perth Airport from Left to Right Tene Crafford (14’s), Rachel Prout (17’s), Ella Stewart (17’s) & Eva Salisbury (14’s)
At the AGM on the 15th May 2019 at the WDCC Clubrooms the following members were appointed to the Executive and General Committees.
Chairman – David Minear
Vice – Open
Acting Treasurer – Karen Dzodzos
Secretary – Darrell Kelsey
Andy Stewart – Womens
Andy Billington – Equipment
David Bebb – Registrar and Indoor Shed
Mercia Fryer – Stock update for soft drinks and the kitchen
Greg Holly – Junior Coordinator
Micheal Minear – Senior WACA Delegate
Leigh Millar – Sponsorship and Events
Andrew Slattery – WACA Junior Delegate
Rob Fairchild – Director of Cricket
John Walter – Communications
Daniel Stumpers – Events
Fiona McDonald – Events
Michael Dargi – Ground
Thank you to all of the outgoing Committee Members: Graham Burton, Graeme Quelch, Craig Nylander, Chris Quelch, Allan Hall, Jim DiCarlo, Graeme Atkinson, Michael Ardagh and Keith Atkinson.
Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club is excited to announce that Kelvin Smith will be joining the Roo Family in 2019/20!
Kelvin is coming to us from South Australia, where he played First Class and Futures League, as well as Premier Cricket for West Torrens.
We are all very excited for our newest Roo, and we are looking forward to getting to know him coming in to the new season.
Current age 24 years
Major teams Adelaide Strikers, Australia Under-19s, Cricket Australia Invitation XI, Melbourne Renegades, National Performance Squad, South Australia, South Australia Under-23s
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak
2018/19 Futures League 4 matches, 330 runs @47.14. Best of 129 against ACT/NSW Country.
2018/19 SACA Premier Cricket 904 runs @129.14. Best 162.
Congratulations to the following Wanneroo DCC players who have been selected in the 2019-20 WA U19 Development Squad:
- Deon Billington;
- Caiden Eaton;
- Michael Herbst.
The squad will train from June, working towards selection for the National Championships in September, held in Brisbane and Mackay.
This is a reminder that Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Members are invited to the 2019 Annual General Meeting to be held at the Kingsway Clubrooms on Wednesday 15th May at 7pm sharp.
Nominations for the Executive Committee and Committee roles have been received as per:
- Chairman: David Minear;
- Vice-Chairman: Vacant;
- Treasurer: Karen Dzodzos;
- Secretary: Darrell Kelsey;
- Dave Bebb;
- Mercia Fryer;
- Greg Holly;
- Leigh Millar;
- Mike Minear;
- Andy Stewart.
The following Executive Committee and Committee members are not renominating for the 2019-20 season:
- Vice-Chairman: Graham Burton;
- Secretary: Keith Atkinson;
- Michael Ardagh;
- Graeme Atkinson;
- Jim DiCarlo;
- Allan Hall;
- Craig Nylander;
- Andrew Slattery*;
- Chris Quelch;
- Graeme Quelch.
*Andrew Slattery has indicated that he would like to be nominated at the AGM as per clause 34.2.b of the Club Rules.
As per the Club Rules:
(3) The ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting is as follows —
- (a) To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting and of any special general meeting held since then if the minutes of that meeting have not yet been confirmed;
- (b) To receive and consider —
- (i) the committee’s annual report on the Association’s activities during the preceding financial year; and
- (ii) the financial statements of the Association for the preceding financial year presented under Part 5 of the Associations Incorporations Act 2015; and
- (c) to elect the office holders of the Association and other committee members;
- (d) if applicable, to appoint or remove a reviewer or auditor of the Association in accordance with the Act (not applicable);
- (e) to confirm or vary the entrance fees, subscriptions and other amounts (if any) to be paid by members.
(4) Any other business of which notice has been given in accordance with these rules may be conducted at the annual general meeting.
Under the WDCC Rules, the WDCC Committee is comprised of the following Officers:
- Chairperson (President);
- Deputy Chairperson (Vice President);
- Secretary; and
- At least one ordinary committee member, whose roles include:
- Director of Cricket;
- Player Liaison Manager;
- Club Room Manager;
- Grounds Manager;
- Sponsorship Manager;
- Junior Administration Manager;
- Junior Delegate;
- Female Cricket Lead;
- Clothing Attire Manager;
- Player Registration/My Cricket Manager;
- Social & Fundraising Manager;
- Indoor Centre Manager;
- Playing/Training Equipment Manager;
- Kitchen Manager;
- First Aid Equipment Manager;
- Bar Manager.
For more information, contact WDCC Secretary Keith Atkinson (0439 445 787 or email@example.com)
The Toyota Raffle has been drawn, Wanneroo DCC coming agonizingly close with 1st Prize going to Wanneroo Cricket Club..!
Through the Toyota Raffle, Wanneroo DCC raised $5060.00, which directly contributed to our new sight screens. Everyone can be proud of their contribution to our great club.
As a thank you to everyone who sold tickets, there will be eligible two winners drawn at the start of the 2019-20 season, with the recipients winning a club card.
To see Perth winners, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/main/news/toyota-good-for-cricket-raffle-winners
A huge congratulations to our Senior Male Award Recipients for 2018-19.
Congratulations also to Travis Birt & Jack Cattrall on being named in the WADCC 2018-19 Team of the Year.
|TED HUSSEY Club Champion||Matthew Spoors|
|PAUL LUCAS Medal||Jack L Cattrall|
|MICHAEL HUSSEY Batting Award||Travis R Birt|
|CALLUM THORP Bowling Award||Jack L Cattrall|
|August to December 2018||Christian Smith|
|January – April 2019||Travis R Birt|
|Aggregate||Travis R Birt|
|Average||Travis R Birt|
|Aggregate||Callum D Douglas|
|Average||Andrew J Slattery|
|Aggregate||Jack L Cattrall|
|Average||Jack L Cattrall|
|Aggregate||Michael L Ardagh|
|1st Grade||Travis R Birt||x 2|
|1st Grade||Robert P Richards|
|3rd Grade||Robert Fairchild|
|3rd Grade||Joel D Charles|
|1st Grade||Jack L Cattrall||x 3|
|2nd Grade||John Walter|
|2nd Grade||Deon W Billington|
|2nd Grade||Mathew Dzodzos|
|3rd Grade||Darcy Forssman|
|3rd Grade||Jordan Slattery|
|4th Grade||Nicholas R Santich|
|4th Grade||Jack R Maraldo|
|4th Grade||Jared Maunder|
|4th Grade||Sharad Jessani|
|1st Grade||Matthew Spoors|
|2nd Grade||Christopher Quelch|
Meeting Minutes with Shane Spinks & Craig Bartlett @ the City of Wanneroo – 4pm, 11/04/19
(David Minear, Craig Nylander & Graeme Quelch in attendance)
Well the work is well underway down at the nets, looks like a beach volleyball pit right now! Should be completed by the end of the month and on time. The minutes are below;
- Thank you.
- Progress practice wicket replacement.
- This week, working on irrigation installation, retaining walls, sub-grade levels and form-work install.
- Next two weeks, soil install, rolling, laser leveling, light water.
- End of this month, install drain, reinstall surrounding turf.
- Project to be in establishment period at end of April.
- Change room & toilet facility upgrades/additions.
- Update: W.D.C.C to resend dot point on functionality,
- Looking for budget 2019/20 to drive concept?
- Lighting for training areas.
- City’s contractor checking on the lights that aren’t working (hopefully sort this out in the next couple of weeks)
- Repairs for the shell of the shed.
- City fixed the door 27 March, was there more damage? Club looking to replace artificial turf in shed – approx. $28K.
- Rear wall replacement clubhouse.
- Last email from the City to the club was 8/11/2018 to Keith. It outlined advice from a Civil and Structural Consultant. Update: Maintenance seeking additional quotes for works to the wall. Looking to get this done this financial year.
- Concrete pad to store hockey goals in summer & sight-screens in winter.
- Waiting for feedback from maintenance. Need to have a better understanding of the issues this would be solving? Hockey goals rot… site screens sitting in mud etc.Shed, irrigation along northern edge… although, this might not go ahead. External security lighting on north west wall. CB to update. Still need signage to direct users to toilets near Dino Park, not our club house. Little athletics training in the winter on cricket grounds, check bookings? Adams details to David MSignage for the building (CB: to check the policy)
New Lease Deal for Wanneroo DCC – Wanneroo Hockey Association & Liquor Licensing
After well protracted negotiations we have finally come to an agreement with the CoW – Liquor Licensing – Wanneroo Hockey Association & W.D.C.C on a new lease agreement moving forward.
The Wanneroo Hockey Association have relinquished their liquor license between May & October and we will have just the one license all year around under the name of the Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club. This in-turn guarantees the financial future of the Wanneroo Hockey Association, with them being able to utilize the bar & clubhouse on days and nights they were unable too previously under the previous license they had.
The cricket club will now have revenue all year round with social darts on a Thursday nights attracting a lot of club members. Rather than the old stream of only six monthly revenue between October & March. The Wanneroo Hockey Association will now become members of the Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club and hold Members Cards like the Darts at all times while at the Club. The new lease agreement will reflect the changes by now having the Wanneroo Hockey Association sub-letting the premises off of W.D.C.C
Id like to say a massive thank you to the President of the Wanneroo Hockey Association, Shane Pollock & to our wonderful infrastructure specialist at the City of Wanneroo & Neil Scanes for all their help with getting this matter sorted.
ICON Sports – Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club new apparel partner for 2019/20
We are currently working on designs to take to the committee for approval! Watch this space as there are some exciting new kit on the way, all designed by our club captain Travis Birt. We all look forward to our new partnership with ICON Sports moving forward.
Phone – (+61) 414 251 492
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s great that we have representation in our junior section from the same family.
Finley Nicholls has had a great season in our futures squad and Emilie in our female Mike Hussey Cricket Academy who played in the Premier Girls Youth League.
This is our first brother and sister combination at WDCC with potentially and hopefully more examples to follow.
Well done to the Nicholls family!
- WDCC 2019/2020 Junior Coaches
- Cricket Australia National Indoor Cricket Championships
- 2019-20 WDCC Committee
- Welcome to our newest Roo Kelvin Smith
- WA U19 Development Squad
- 2019 Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Annual General Meeting
- Toyota Raffle Results
- 2018-19 Senior Award Recipients
- 2018-19 WDCC President’s Report
- 1st Brother and Sister Combination at WDCC
- 2019 Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Annual General Meeting
- 2018-19 WDCC Awards Night
- 1st Grade Debutant: Callum Douglas
- Rob Richards 100 1st Grade Games for Wanneroo DCC
- Female U15s National Championships
- Match Centre vs. Scarborough
- Weekend Wrap
- 1st Grade Debutant: Chad Hitchcock
- Mid-Game Wrap
- Paul Lucas Medal: Saturday 9th March