Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club congratulates the following girls on being selected in the WA State Development Squads for the 2019/20 season.
The WACA Development program is designed to expose emerging players to further coaching programs and opportunities. Congratulations to these four WDCC stars!
The WDCC U/17 Mike Hussey Academy Squad for 2019/20 have been finalised. Congratulations to the following girls.
|Emilie Nicholls||Danni Eckley|
|Emma Harvey||Shayna Jesani|
|Eva Salisbury||Mathilda Stillitano|
|Josie Beckett||Ella Stewart|
|Kristin Jones||Emma Wilson|
|Tene Crafford||Rachel Prout|
|Breanna Giandzi||Renae Bugg|
|Emma Schonfeldt||Grace Tomkinson|
Mentors : Katherine Binstead & Millie Cooke
Futures : Erin Martin & Alexandra O’Brien
Four WDCC players have been selected in the WA U17s Team to travel to Mackay from Sept 30 to October 10 to play in the National Championship. Congratulations to the following WDCC sons.
Well done for all your hard work and best of luck.
Junior Coaching Roles for 2019-20 Season are now all filled.
Girls Head Coach Steve Emery
Girls Assistant Coach Luke Salisbury
U17s Head Coach Andrew Slattery
U17s Assistant Coach Jacob Bonner
U15s Head Coach Scott Pearson
U15s Assistant Coach TBC
U14s Head Coach Jimmy Skouros
U14s Assistant Coach Michael Kelsey
U13s Head Coach Guy Cavanagh
U13s Assistant Coach Andrew Lucas
Futures Head Coach Sean Magorian
We welcome all the new Coaches to the WDCC and look forward to a successful season.
Four of our Wanneroo District girls have made the WA indoor 14’s and 17’s squads who are playing at the National Championships in Victoria from the 6th -14th July 2019. All the best girls.
5th July 2019 At Perth Airport from Left to Right Tene Crafford (14’s), Rachel Prout (17’s), Ella Stewart (17’s) & Eva Salisbury (14’s)
At the AGM on the 15th May 2019 at the WDCC Clubrooms the following members were appointed to the Executive and General Committees.
Chairman – David Minear
Vice – Open
Acting Treasurer – Karen Dzodzos
Secretary – Darrell Kelsey
Andy Stewart – Womens
Andy Billington – Equipment
David Bebb – Registrar and Indoor Shed
Mercia Fryer – Stock update for soft drinks and the kitchen
Greg Holly – Junior Coordinator
Micheal Minear – Senior WACA Delegate
Leigh Millar – Sponsorship and Events
Andrew Slattery – WACA Junior Delegate
Rob Fairchild – Director of Cricket
John Walter – Communications
Daniel Stumpers – Events
Fiona McDonald – Events
Michael Dargi – Ground
Thank you to all of the outgoing Committee Members: Graham Burton, Graeme Quelch, Craig Nylander, Chris Quelch, Allan Hall, Jim DiCarlo, Graeme Atkinson, Michael Ardagh and Keith Atkinson.
Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club is excited to announce that Kelvin Smith will be joining the Roo Family in 2019/20!
Kelvin is coming to us from South Australia, where he played First Class and Futures League, as well as Premier Cricket for West Torrens.
We are all very excited for our newest Roo, and we are looking forward to getting to know him coming in to the new season.
Current age 24 years
Major teams Adelaide Strikers, Australia Under-19s, Cricket Australia Invitation XI, Melbourne Renegades, National Performance Squad, South Australia, South Australia Under-23s
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm offbreak
2018/19 Futures League 4 matches, 330 runs @47.14. Best of 129 against ACT/NSW Country.
2018/19 SACA Premier Cricket 904 runs @129.14. Best 162.
Congratulations to the following Wanneroo DCC players who have been selected in the 2019-20 WA U19 Development Squad:
- Deon Billington;
- Caiden Eaton;
- Michael Herbst.
The squad will train from June, working towards selection for the National Championships in September, held in Brisbane and Mackay.
This is a reminder that Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Members are invited to the 2019 Annual General Meeting to be held at the Kingsway Clubrooms on Wednesday 15th May at 7pm sharp.
Nominations for the Executive Committee and Committee roles have been received as per:
- Chairman: David Minear;
- Vice-Chairman: Vacant;
- Treasurer: Karen Dzodzos;
- Secretary: Darrell Kelsey;
- Dave Bebb;
- Mercia Fryer;
- Greg Holly;
- Leigh Millar;
- Mike Minear;
- Andy Stewart.
The following Executive Committee and Committee members are not renominating for the 2019-20 season:
- Vice-Chairman: Graham Burton;
- Secretary: Keith Atkinson;
- Michael Ardagh;
- Graeme Atkinson;
- Jim DiCarlo;
- Allan Hall;
- Craig Nylander;
- Andrew Slattery*;
- Chris Quelch;
- Graeme Quelch.
*Andrew Slattery has indicated that he would like to be nominated at the AGM as per clause 34.2.b of the Club Rules.
As per the Club Rules:
(3) The ordinary business of the Annual General Meeting is as follows —
- (a) To confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting and of any special general meeting held since then if the minutes of that meeting have not yet been confirmed;
- (b) To receive and consider —
- (i) the committee’s annual report on the Association’s activities during the preceding financial year; and
- (ii) the financial statements of the Association for the preceding financial year presented under Part 5 of the Associations Incorporations Act 2015; and
- (c) to elect the office holders of the Association and other committee members;
- (d) if applicable, to appoint or remove a reviewer or auditor of the Association in accordance with the Act (not applicable);
- (e) to confirm or vary the entrance fees, subscriptions and other amounts (if any) to be paid by members.
(4) Any other business of which notice has been given in accordance with these rules may be conducted at the annual general meeting.
Under the WDCC Rules, the WDCC Committee is comprised of the following Officers:
- Chairperson (President);
- Deputy Chairperson (Vice President);
- Secretary; and
- At least one ordinary committee member, whose roles include:
- Director of Cricket;
- Player Liaison Manager;
- Club Room Manager;
- Grounds Manager;
- Sponsorship Manager;
- Junior Administration Manager;
- Junior Delegate;
- Female Cricket Lead;
- Clothing Attire Manager;
- Player Registration/My Cricket Manager;
- Social & Fundraising Manager;
- Indoor Centre Manager;
- Playing/Training Equipment Manager;
- Kitchen Manager;
- First Aid Equipment Manager;
- Bar Manager.
For more information, contact WDCC Secretary Keith Atkinson (0439 445 787 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Toyota Raffle has been drawn, Wanneroo DCC coming agonizingly close with 1st Prize going to Wanneroo Cricket Club..!
Through the Toyota Raffle, Wanneroo DCC raised $5060.00, which directly contributed to our new sight screens. Everyone can be proud of their contribution to our great club.
As a thank you to everyone who sold tickets, there will be eligible two winners drawn at the start of the 2019-20 season, with the recipients winning a club card.
To see Perth winners, visit https://www.toyota.com.au/main/news/toyota-good-for-cricket-raffle-winners
- WDCC Players in WA State Development Squads
- Female Cricket – 2019/20 Mike Hussey Academy Squad announced
- Wanneroo U17s State Cricket Reps
- WDCC 2019/2020 Junior Coaches
- Cricket Australia National Indoor Cricket Championships
- 2019-20 WDCC Committee
- Welcome to our newest Roo Kelvin Smith
- WA U19 Development Squad
- 2019 Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Annual General Meeting
- Toyota Raffle Results
- 2018-19 Senior Award Recipients
- 2018-19 WDCC President’s Report
- 1st Brother and Sister Combination at WDCC
- 2019 Wanneroo Districts Cricket Club Annual General Meeting
- 2018-19 WDCC Awards Night
- 1st Grade Debutant: Callum Douglas
- Rob Richards 100 1st Grade Games for Wanneroo DCC
- Female U15s National Championships
- Match Centre vs. Scarborough
- Weekend Wrap